Roy Wilsher OBE QFSM
HM Inspector of Constabulary and HM Inspector of Fire & Rescue Services Roy Wilsher OBE QFSM
Roy began his career in the Fire Service in 1981, in North London. He became Senior Divisional Fire Safety Officer and was responsible for 11 boroughs in North and West London.
Roy became a Chartered Engineer in 2000 and was project lead for the restructure of London Fire Brigade in 2001. He became Assistant Commissioner for Fire Safety in London in 2002.
In 2004 Roy joined Hertfordshire as Deputy Chief Fire Officer and was appointed as Chief Fire Officer in 2005. From April 2013 to March 2017 he was also Chief Executive for Hertfordshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner, and had numerous successes within this service.
In 2017, Roy was appointed as the first Chair of the National Fire Chiefs Council.
He has played and continues to play a significant role on a national and international level. His achievements include being the strategic lead for the UK rescue response for the Japan earthquake and tsunami in 2011 as well as being a member of the Expert Panel and advising the government following the Grenfell tragedy.
Roy was awarded the Queen’s Fire Service Medal QFSM in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List in 2013, and was awarded an OBE in the New Year’s Honours list in 2007.
Roy was appointed as HM Inspector of Constabulary and HM Inspector of Fire & Rescue Services in October 2021.
Roy Wilsher is the senior responsible owner of:
Roy Wilsher is His Majesty’s Inspector of Constabulary for the Eastern Region and deals with the following police forces:
- Bedfordshire Police
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Derbyshire Constabulary
- Essex Police
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary
- Hertfordshire Constabulary
- Kent Police
- Leicestershire Police
- Lincolnshire Police
- Norfolk Constabulary
- Northamptonshire Police
- Nottinghamshire Police
- Suffolk Constabulary
- Surrey Police
- Sussex Police
- Thames Valley Police
Regional role for fire & rescue services
Roy Wilsher is His Majesty’s Inspector of Fire & Rescue Services for the following fire & rescue services:
- Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service
- East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
- Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service
- Kent Fire and Rescue Service
- Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
- West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service